Carolina Biological Supply Company (CBS), North Carolina, USA
We enjoyed meeting Rob Nixon and Fevzi Yallin from Carolina Biological Supply Company (CBS) in Copenhagen for a meeting in 2020.
Rob and Fevzi explain their baseline situation and outcome with ITSM360:
- Service request and incident management procedures were reactive, manual, and cumbersome
- No service management methodology was in use
- End users had no visibility into the progress of their requests
- Management reporting was almost nonexistent
- Lack of workload balancing among assignees
Then came ITSM360 …
- Service request, incident, problem, change, and project management processes & procedures optimized and automated
- Automated non-production supply ordering via Web Shop
- Preventive maintenance work order generation automated
- End users enabled via self-service portal to request and track their requests
- Management has more visibility into operational activities via dashboards
When CBS started their search for service desk software, they were not ITIL methodology aligned. A survey conducted for IT Service Management (ITSM) solutions in the North American market identified ITSM360 as the strongest based on price, its ITIL alignment running on the SharePoint platform. One of the significant selling-point was its integration with a native project management module, which is preferred over Microsoft Project due to being less complicated and more user friendly. ITSM360 integrated easier across the organization, leveraging capabilities provided by Microsoft’s SharePoint Online and Active Directory.
CBS has deployed three inter-connected service desks to optimize and automate its IT, Purchasing (Supply Chain Management), and Maintenance (Engineering) departments. These deployments drastically changed all department’s service management activities to the point of operating paperless, resulting in digital transformation.
Fevzi Yalin, Lead Project Manager at CBS, says:
“We deployed ITSM360 when it was an on-premise solution. Now that we switched to its SharePoint Online version, we no longer need to be concerned about maintaining and hosting on a SharePoint server farm.
Microsoft’s continuous development of the SharePoint Online platform ensures that we immediately benefit from it as it matures and new features are available, which makes it very competitive compared to non-Office 365 based solutions – a perfect marriage.
A customized system, smooth implementation, and continuous development has also led to high value and benefits to cost ratio – not to forget the unique personalized support extended throughout by the ITSM Company”